Monday, November 28, 2011

Turkey Lurkey Doo

We had a pretty phenomenal Thanksgiving. Crazy, but still really awesome.

First off, we went up to Washington to spend Thanksgiving with Cory's family. At first it was just a good idea and a hope if we could afford the trip. Especially since his brother was coming home from his mission the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Then we found out his next youngest brother isn't leaving for his mission for a while, so if we went up, it meant all 9 boys would be home at the same time... for the first time ever. Then we get a call from his sister, Brittney, in Missouri saying she wanted to come to surprise their parents. So she drove out with her kids and we rode with her. It was a long drive, but still really nice.

On Wednesday, Cory, his brother Jacob (who drove in from EWU), and I drove down to the Portland Temple since my best friend, Kayla, was going through the temple for the first time. On our way to the temple, we happened to stop by PDX (Ptld Airport) and pick up Cliff, Brittney's husband, who was flying in to surprise her.

In short, Brittney came to surprise Mom and Dad, then Cliff flew in to surprise Brittney. I think that was all the surprises.

The hard part was knowing about all of it for about a month and not being able to tell ANYONE. Though, I'm pretty sure I spilled to GMA and GPA Parker a couple times accidentally. I don't think they caught on since they were still surprised. Note to anyone out there: don't tell a pregnant lady secrets. We don't keep them very easily.

On top of all the holiday surprises, GMA and GPA Parker had us bring up all the Christmas presents for the family, so we decided to have Christmas on Thanksgiving morning. Of course all the little kids were thrilled. And baby made out like a bandit! The Scotts were VERY generous. I got a cookbook and a sewing machine. Baby got some cute clothes (if it's a boy... if not, future baby boy got some clothes), and Cory and I got a couple of really nice collector's spoons from Cory's mission and where we are going on our honeymoon.

That's pretty much the long and short of it. We took some family pictures, of course. So our Christmas gift to the grandparents and to the Scotts will be family pictures in nice frames. Since none exist currently of the entire family. Once we get them from Brittney, we'll print them off and send them off.

It makes me feel really good that we could help facilitate all the Thanksgiving joy.

And with my new sewing machine, I started on the fabric I found on Black Friday for $1.50/yd (orig. $7/yd). I know baby will end up with a lot of blankets, but I loved these patterns and couldn't help myself.

For boy:


For girl:

No comments:

Post a Comment