Monday, November 14, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Looks like there will be a few changes going on the job front in the Scott household.

First of all, our first HM meeting on Friday went wonderfully! I really feel like a lot of issues were resolved on both sides. So I feel a LOT more comfortable with where things are headed.

However, Friday night, Cory's boss in the marketing department emailed him (it was seriously time-stamped just before midnight) telling him that one of the marketing employees was graduating in December and asking him if he would consider coming into marketing exclusively. He dangled both a pay raise and an increase of (stable) hours each week. We were JUST talking about the idea the day before, so he looks over at me and says he might have to take the offer and run. Of course, it wouldn't take effect until January, and he would stay on the HM job to help train new HMs they would have to hire or promote to fill his position. This will help us tremendously in the financial department. And since Cory is going to start his research pretty soon, he will really need his evenings and weekends to do it.

Second, one of the girls from scheduling was working with me the other day and mentioned that EVERYONE in scheduling is graduating in April and Jennifer, our boss, is desperate for people to train in scheduling to help transition. I guess I was one of the people she was considering because I'm very meticulous (her words) and get things done. Plus, I have office experience and know how to organize. On top of that, I'm really good at telling people no when they're being dumb and it needs to be said... which is necessary in the scheduling office. So, with Jennifer's approval, I could work a solid 10 hours in scheduling staring next semester to get trained, and work part-time as an HM, and continue to help train in-coming HMs and ushers. Then in spring, I would go completely over to scheduling, getting solid hours each week, until I graduate, and sub HM when they were really desperate for extra HMs.

These opportunities have been a huge blessing. It will help us out SO much. So today, we are thankful for our jobs, and the opportunities and experience they have given us. Oh... I can still totally work my morning job too! So I'd be working full time, essentially. And we'll be able to be home together more evenings and weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment