Thursday, November 3, 2011

Government Employees

Any time you have to deal with the government, you usually anticipate it being some horrific, inefficient, waste of time that makes you want to scream and pull your hair out. Maybe you don't. But I do.

I've been having to deal with the government and some of its programs lately. And honestly, I have been so pleasantly surprised with how simple, pleasant, and easy it has been. All except for the one 45 minute wait on the phone just to talk to someone, but after that, it was easy peasy! They have been prompt in sending me all necessary information. They have been kind and courteous on the phone. I haven't had to stand in any line that spans an entire building. Heck, I haven't stood in any real line yet.

Maybe I've just been really lucky. Maybe the way they run things in Utah is just better. I don't know. And who knows if it will be this easy when this process is coming to an end? I sure don't. All I know is that I am very thankful for how easy this process has been thus far, and for the kindness of these government workers who have been making my life much easier than it could have been. Maybe they actually like their jobs. I really like working with people who like their jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment