Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Working Hard

Things always work out. Right? That's what I'm told.

Well, so far, at least in the job market, they finally have.

I'm back to 2.5 jobs and I'm so excited about it!

I still have my job in the HFAC, Cory and I go up to grandma's to help with the house and yard, and now I will be a classroom aide for a 14 year old girl who is hearing impaired and learning delayed. I cannot wait!

When I was called in for an interview, I was shocked because I have been shut down so many times in the past couple of months. When I went into the interview, it was great. It was the most fun interview I have ever had! This girl and I got to play Wii and the rest of the interview was so relaxed. I felt so comfortable. I love her mom and I was so excited about the idea of working with her daughter.

After the interview... I waited. And waited. But, she went on vacation over Labor Day weekend, so I don't blame her at all. On top of that, when she got home, her modem went down. So her phone and internet was down. It felt like everything was against me.

Kayla told me today that this woman talked to her (Kayla was a reference of mine), so I was hoping to hear back from her today. And I did!!! She told me that after going back and forth with all the people she interviewed (I didn't realize there were so many...) and she wanted me to work with her daughter! What a blessing!!!

Aside from working with this incredible girl (her hearing impairment wasn't diagnosed until she was 5! And she was tested every two years...) I am so excited to have some real life experience working in my field of study. It will be great for a resume and an application to graduate school. Which just means I have to work really hard to be excellent at this so I can get a good reference letter. I cannot wait!!! I've only met this girl once and I already love her.

Yes, working so many jobs get stressful, but it's stressful not working that many jobs. Before this job offer, I was starting to panic. Cory and I were still surviving. He's getting pretty good hours with his jobs, so we're not starving. But still... it's nice to feel more comfortable, be able to save up some money in case of emergencies, and be able to go on a date here and there.

Thank you, friends, for all your love and support, and to all my employers for having confidence in me. And Cory for working so hard to keep us above water.

No comments:

Post a Comment