Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Heart is Filled with Peace

I have to say that Sundays are pretty much my hardest day of the week. Teaching Sunbeams has not been a cup of tea... not in the least. But I love those kids.

The past two weeks we've been practicing for the primary program in sharing time. Not fun. The kids lose interest real fast. They're only looking forward to the Saturday practice because there's a pizza party afterward. And honestly, I would lose interest real fast too if there weren't pizza... Yeah, sad. I know. I'm pretty much a 5-year-old. I have a stinkin' hard time sitting in one place for more than an hour.

Well, during sharing time today, the added all the extras too. You know, the two Asian kids who play violin really well, the extra talks, and this one boy who sings his heart out. They gave this kid a solo. Well, he sings the 2nd verse to one of our songs. And can I just tell you he almost made me cry. The Spirit flooded into the room. The kids were still for just a moment. And my own heart was filled with peace. Oh, if I could hold onto that feeling the entire day...

I am so blessed to have these little moments of security in my calling.
And I love these little kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment