Friday, September 2, 2011

Heartbreak Warfare

Ever feel like everything in life is conspiring against you?

Welcome to my week.

Yes, I survived the first full week of school. Great. Good for me. So did about 35 thousand other students.

The past couple of weeks I have been trying SO hard to find another job. I was working 2, now I'm down to 1, and that just won't cut it. Especially since everything at my job is crazy right now. I loved my job before they changed everything, but now I'm not so fond of it. In fact, I'd really rather not work there if it's going to continue like this. But since it's the only job I have, I have no choice. And on top of that, I don't believe in doing a job 1/2 way.

Monday I had a job interview that was perfect with my schedule and I was really excited about it. Tuesday afternoon I found out that I didn't get the job.

Thursday I had my call-back audition for Women's Chorus, which I was in last year. I find out this morning that I didn't make it back in. That is probably the most heart-wrenching disappointment I've had in... well, years. I LOVE Women's Chorus. I was even willing to miss part of a class to be in it (don't worry, Cory is in the same class and would have been there for the parts I missed). I am heart-broken. Genuinely. Like the kind of heart-break you feel when you lose a loved one. It may seem silly to you, but I really felt this was a part of me. And in reality, it is.

So no job. No Women's Chorus.

There is hope though. At least I'm telling myself that there is.

I interviewed for another job this afternoon working with a deaf girl. I think it would be a phenomenal job, and especially great to put on an application for grad school.

I'm just hoping, knowing the Lord will provide since he always does, that he will soon. Because so far, this year is not looking good. And my heart just hurts.



No comments:

Post a Comment