Sunday, March 4, 2012

One Way or Another, He Finds A Way

You know when you get a prompting to do something, and you put it off, or are a little nervous about doing it, and then when you finally do it you feel pretty awesome? Well, I felt awesome yesterday.

Starting back in January, I was getting major promptings to ask a friend of mine to meet with the missionaries. I never really judged members when I was serving a mission for not asking their friends to meet with us. I know it's not an easy thing to do. Some members were just naturally awesome at it. Others didn't have anyone to ask. And some were not that kind of person. But now I can truly attest to the fact that it's not easy asking someone you're good friends with to meet with the missionaries.

Now that it's 2 months later, I finally found an opportunity to sit down and talk to her about it. It was kind of an interesting experience. The conversation started off with some creepy stuff (because we had just watched a really creepy video... seriously scary) and somehow it led into talking about spiritual things and meeting with the missionaries. It was really great because she gave me the run-down of her experience with the Church and missionaries. I'm glad she felt comfortable telling me about it, but then again, she has an open personality.

The best part is that recently she has become friends with someone else (back in February) who has been a big part in her starting to read the Book of Mormon. Yeah... maybe I should have actually gotten on this back in January. I guess when you slack off, the Lord finds another way to make things happen. But still I think the other times that I sat down with her with the intent to ask her to meet with the missionaries, but didn't, only solidified our relationship even more. Which, led up to this conversation and me actually doing it.

Well, I told her that if she didn't want to, I was completely fine with it. Or if she didn't want to meet with them in her apartment, ours was completely open to her (it always is anyway...). I also explained to her that I had been having these promptings for a while. Anyway, she told me she just might take me up on the offer. It might not be for a little while, but she would definitely consider it. I'm feeling pretty good about this. It's not often you find a real missionary opportunity outside inactive or less active members of the Church in Provo. But I'm grateful for the opportunity to share my testimony with her. I hope she takes me up on it, and I hope and pray she will find an answer in regards to the Book of Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment