Thursday, March 22, 2012

One of My Very Favorite Things

This week is spring break for the school I work at. It would be an awesome week where I get to sleep in... if it hadn't been for the fact that my hours were cut dramatically last week. I now work only 3 hours compared to the 12-14 I was working before. I may have called my mom frantically the other day because I didn't know if I would be able to pay the bills, help with rent, etc. She told me to calm down and that everything would be okay. After a week or so now, I've been able to calm down a bit. Why? Because I've worked like mad in the evenings instead. It happens to be our busiest time of the semester at the HFAC. So instead of getting a nice fatty paycheck, it will end up being about the same. It's great, I'm not freaking out. But give it another week or two and I might start freaking again.

The great thing about having fewer morning hours is that I do get to sleep in. What's nice about that? Well, sometimes Cory gets up and leaves for work before I do now. Not often, but sometimes it happens. What could be so great about this? Well, every morning, before Cory has to leave, he comes into the bedroom to collect his pocket items... you know, wallet, keys, etc. Before he walks out, he leans all the way across the bed and kisses my cheek. I love it. It just sets me in the best mood every morning. I love this man so much. He may not always see a dirty dish, but he still does all the other little things to show me how much he loves me. I'm so thrilled that our little girl will have a daddy that will show her these little acts of love all the time. He's such a good man. I couldn't have picked anyone better.

No comments:

Post a Comment