Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Stuck Like Glue

I can't begin to explain how much I love my husband. Unlike myself, he is very good at this romance thing. I just don't know how to do it... and I don't think I fully appreciate it either. Which is sad, because Cory is SO sweet.

For example, yesterday was Valentine's day. I knew he had something planned for the evening, and we didn't get to see each other at all until that night since we were working and in classes ALL DAY. So I took it upon myself to make a nice lunch on Sunday (Monday wasn't a great night either). I also made and wrote him a little card. I know... so sweet. Then, when we both get home and get all ready for the night (seriously at 9pm), we take off. We drive around and he has me close my eyes. He drives in circles which makes me nervous and nauseated. I don't like being in a car without being able to see what's going on around me. Too many car accidents I guess. It only takes one, really. Anyway, we arrive, and where are we? The Chef's Table. It's a beautiful restaurant... probably one of the classiest in the Provo area. And we eat this fantastic 5 course meal. The risotto was to die for, and the salmon was amazing (especially considering I don't like fish... but I gave it a try), and the creme brulee was heaven. The salad they served was SO good I wish I knew how to throw it together myself. A server brings me a red rose to take home. And Cory pulls out a little red box from his coat. Yep, my husband even bought me jewelry on Valentine's day. I wasn't expecting it because I never really want or request it. But there he goes exceeding my expectations and wildest dreams. He's so good. And yes, I will brag about him. Any decent girl deserves a man like him, but there aren't enough out there to go around. (There aren't really enough decent girls to deserve them either... so maybe it works out.)

Can I tell you how much our little June Bug was bouncing around during that meal? I think she really enjoyed it. :) I sure did.

The only down side to such a wonderful and delicious meal is that my appetite seems to have disappeared. I don't know where it went. I still can and do eat, but I never seem to want to anymore. Blah. At least food still tastes delicious! Yum!

Again, my husband is wonderful. It's not necessarily the things he actually does, but it's the fact that he thinks about and wants to do these things. He's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment