Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Down-Low

Here's what's going down -- seeing as I haven't posted in a longer than usual amount of time.

Cory and I are just going the school and work thing. We don't have much of a life outside of that. Especially now that it's midterm season. And, for being as busy as we are, I've been doing really well on my exams. I have As in ALL of my classes except for one, and that grade can easily get up there as long as I do well on the exam this week. Hooray! And I really need to keep my grades up in order to be competitive for grad school applications. Yes, we still have a year to worry about the actual application process, but it still needs to be on the forefront of my mind.

We are gearing up for the holidays too.

The week of Thanksgiving, we will be driving up to my sister's in Oregon to spend a day with her family, then we'll take a day to spend in the Portland area with Kayla, then drive up that evening to Washington for the rest of our visit.

We've been planning out or Christmas vacation/honeymoon too. Florida, here we come! Plus Disney World, Sea World, and some swimming with dolphin action. Saweet! We will be spending an entire week in Florida, then spending some time in Vegas with my family. We will be back in Utah before New Years, but right now the time line is up in the air.

You've probably heard all this already. But I am so excited to spend time with family, and be out of Utah. Especially to be in the PacNW!

So far at the new-ish job, I am having a blast! It is a very rewarding job. It has its highs and lows, but for the most part, with all the praying (for help and out of gratitude) it has been a pretty spiritual experience. I love this girl I work with. I love the family. And I love the other aides I work with. And since one of the girls is going on a study abroad next semester, I will probably be picking up a few more hours! There aren't too many to go around, but a few more will definitely go a long way. And since I'm only taking 12 credits next semester, it should be easy to work around my schedule.

I think Cory and I might be making Christmas cards... we can get them free, so why not, right? We'll see how that goes, if we decide to actually do it. Keep an eye out.

That's the October up-date.

No comments:

Post a Comment