Sunday, October 23, 2011

Anticipating

I'm only a little over 5 weeks into this pregnancy thing. So far, so good. It was really fun to tell family and the closest of friends (sorry if you weren't in that group... it's not because I don't love you too). The only thing symptom-wise right now that bothers me is that I am EXHAUSTED all. the. time. I keep hearing that it doesn't get better. Oh well. I'm still getting As in my class. It's midterm time and I've been acing everything. Maybe pregnancy makes your wits sharper. Maybe not. Maybe I'm more concerned about this baby's future. That sounds more like it.

Almost everyone who knows right now is pretty regularly asking how I feel. Not in a concerned way. Why would they. Pregnancy is not a disease. But more of the - have you started throwing up all the time - kind of way. No. I'm fine. The only time I felt really nauseated was during my 2-hour conducting class. It was the end of class, it was super hot, and I was super tired. I think it had less to do about the pregnancy.

They say that the sickness hit about week 6. That's pretty much now. Or right around the corner. And I'm pretty determined not to get it...at least not debilitatingly so. And all the moms out there are laughing at me right now. Well, there's no guarantee, but I'm just going to make it happen. Before you know it, we'll be out of the 1st trimester, fall semester will be over, and I'll be the happiest pregnant lady you've ever met and never knew was pregnant. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment