Monday, March 28, 2011

Ok Go!

Here's the update:

Our invitations are in!
I've assembled them all. It only took me a few days. Okay, really about a week.
It wasn't easy. Well, it was easy, but it just took a while. It's a lot of ribbons to tie. Good thing I love ribbons. And I still do. Even after all that.
And they're beautiful!!!

Also, we found this girl who is an intern who is doing our engagements for FREE! Official engagements. Now all we need to do is take them, NEXT WEEK! Print the ones we like, and then put them into the lovely invitations I spent a week assembling.

I've been showing my friends already, and every time they take an invitation, they automatically look for a picture and ask where it is. Well, we don't have them yet. But they're coming. I promise our invitations WILL have engagement pictures in them.

We don't have to send them out until May, which is coming up soon, but it's not like it's next week. So we have a little bit of time. Not a lot of time though. I'm not panicking.


As a side note, Cory and I found an apartment. We're not wealthy by any means, so our apartment has its quirks. Like low ceilings. It's a basement apartment, but it's really close to campus. We were worried we wouldn't be able to find anything in our budget in Provo or near campus. I found this posting in Craigslist. This guy just bought a house and was renovating the upstairs and downstairs to rent. The rent was cheap (probably because it's tiny and because of the ceilings). The guy had about 15 people look at the place in the 2 days it had been posted, so we needed to move FAST. Which we did. It makes me a little nervous, but I think it will work out.

The nice things about this apartment, despite its strange floor plan, it has its own washer and dryer IN the unit. We don't have to share them. It has a dishwasher!!! It's really close to campus (it will only take me 15 minutes to walk to work). It has two bedrooms and a renovated bathroom. The kitchen has a lot of cabinetry (also a con... because of the tight space).

The only scary part is that we have to start paying rent in May... so I'm moving in in May. That means I MUST sell the rest of my contract starting in May. The good thing is that I have a couple of offers for it. This is very good. On top of that, I might be able to sell the other contracts in the unit too. That would make my roommate and management very happy. I should be a real estate agent. Okay. No. Not at all.

Anyway, there are the updates for you.

As another side note: my sisters are getting ready to have their babies! Korrie is due in about a week or two. Kristy is due in another 3 1/2. Kelli should be close come mid May. Wow! It's baby season!!! I can't wait to see them all.

Plus, I got my tickets for Ohio for Emily's wedding. I get to stay with my cousin, whom I rarely get to see and have never gone to visit. I get to spend a week in Vegas in May to help my mom organize and compile her mom's genealogy stuff. Then 3 weeks of EFY!

I think I'll be taking a class or two in summer, so I'll be very busy both before the wedding and after.

Also, this Saturday is my bridal shower!!!! Come if you can, ladies. 5:30 at my place!

Okay, that was a lot, but we're ready to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment