Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ironic

Or maybe not at all. Just funny. Comical.
Did I tell you about how my car needed some work and I took it to Sears auto. Then, the next day it broke down. Turns out they didn't tighten the ground wire on tight enough. Not a huge deal, right? Well, I still had to get my car towed back because I had no tools and no one to help me. Unfortunate. But the towing wasn't nearly as much as what it cost the first time I had to get towed... 3 or 4 years ago. Being a poor college student, any amount is too much, especially when it's unnecessary. Or should have been unnecessary. So Sears fixed it... for free. As you would expect.

The same day I picked up my car again, I had to drive up to SLC. No problems getting up there. On the way down, on the freeway, in the dark, it starts to whistle, then screech, I start to pull off to the side of the road, something starts rattling, then drops, and then it sounds like wires are flying around under the hood. Not good. I manage, without power steering, to get my car off the road and to a gas station. Ever drive without power steering? There's a reason why cars have it. Want a good upper body workout? Get rid of your power steering.

Sick and tired of Sears, mostly not trusting them anymore, I had my car towed to a dealership's service department. Holy cow that little breakdown did a LOT of damage. And it didn't do too well on the pocket book either. But I felt better knowing that someone other than Sears was handling my vehicle. Lo and behold, just as I was coming into Provo, something fell off my car and the serpentine belt came lose. Should I be upset? Maybe. Frustrated? Probably. Actually, as unfortunate as all of this has been, the dealership came and towed my car for free and is going to fix it free of charge. Good call dealership. So not having my car for one more day is a little inconvenient, but if it get fixed ultimately, I'm happy. Plus, this dealership has a much better guarantee on their parts and services.

It's just to the point of being comical. If I have to fork out any more money, I'm gonna be ticked.

No comments:

Post a Comment