Friday, March 11, 2011

Stop, Let Me Tell You 'Bout Chapter Three

Once upon a time there was a girl with a car. Last weekend, this girl got a few repairs done on this car to take care of some weird sounds it was making. All that following week it was running just fine. Until Thursday. She had so many plans and so many things to accomplish that day. All week she was feeling a little under-the-weather, but she was determined to finish everything she set forth to do. She started off going to fill her carriage with fuel so she could do all these wonderful things. Just as she returned to her carriage and tried to get the horses to run... nay, trot, lo, the horses refused. Not a sound they made. Not even a hoof budged.

Searching frantically for someone she knew who could help her, this poor girl was so devastated, with no one to be found, that she called upon her mother in a far away kingdom for assistance. She was told to call upon the insurance knights who assist upon the roadside. The girl made the call, but lo, her mother was wrong and the knights were not available to the girl. Next, she called upon her father who found other knights to assist in her distressed state. The knights came and took the carriage away as to get the horses to move. The girl, carriageless, began her journey back to her land on foot.

Later, she was able to finish a few of her tasks, thanks to the another wonderful girl who lived in the next kingdom over.

That evening, the knights called upon the girl to tell her the carriage was fixed - free of charge! (They felt bad that the service they provided previously caused this current dilemma.)

They girl rejoiced and danced the next morning away. Her amazing betrothed took her in his carriage to retrieve her own. After finishing many tests of intellectual strength, she went to a northern kingdom to assist another fair maiden. On her return journey, the carriage began to squeak. The squeak turned into a creak. Then a thud. The girl pulled the carriage to the side of the road and barely made it to a safe place to rest the horses.

Fortunately, her wonderful sister's fantastic husband came to the rescue. There was nothing he could do to save the horses. The lashing was gone. No one knew why. But he finished taking her the rest of the distance home, a long journey to return to his own.

The carriage was once again assisted by knights to help save the carriage. This time to a different, hopefully more trustworthy, kingdom.

That has been my weekend.

Some good news: Cory and I made it to semi-finals before we got the boot at DanceSport!

Also, I really was devastated this weekend. I dropped a lot of money on tow trucks. I don't even know how much it's going to cost to get it fixed. I got home about 2 hours later than I wanted. I'm grateful to Trent for getting me home... especially since Emma swallowed a penny tonight. So, it's been a long day. Very emotional. I came home in tears, frantically trying to figure out where to get my car towed and by whom. (note: tow trucks cost more in SLC than Provo... so if you're going to break down, do it in Provo and call AMPM.) On top of that, I was exhausted and starving. Cory took me out to lunch at 11, but I hadn't had anything to eat since then. Cory called after he finished with work. I shared with him all my woes. He was very sympathetic. Just as I started eating a 2-day old wilting salad, there was a knock on the door. It was Cory! With food! I started to cry. I'll admit it. But what a very, very, very wonderful man I am going to marry soon. And I'm grateful for my parents who have dealt so patiently with my tear-filled phone calls. It's been a rough weekend... but there really have been a lot of blessings.

Only 4 more weeks of school before finals. Good and bad. Can't wait to get my spring on.

No comments:

Post a Comment