Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'll Buy for You An Icery Creamery Conio

This has been quite the eventful weekend. First off, General Conference. Can I confess something really quick? Without being judged too harshly?... Okay, I have the HARDEST time staying awake during Conference. It doesn't matter what position I'm sitting in, it doesn't matter what or how much I have to eat that day, it never fails, I always fall asleep during at least one session of Conference. Things still absorb when you're sleeping, right?

So my parents came up this weekend. My mom drove in from Las Vegas and my dad flew in from Wichita. What wonderful parents! All school year they've been telling me they want to come to one of my WC concerts. Well, they haven't made it to anything so far, so this weekend was their last opportunity. I bought tickets RIGHT after they went on sale and got really great seats. It was iffy on whether they'd be able to come at all since there were a lot of things going on this weekend. But they made it! And Cory's grandparents came! And my roommate! And Amanda came home!!! (Amanda is the roommate that went home for Christmas and never came back until just now!)

If you're wondering about the title of this post, I ended up going to the Creamery twice this weekend. I still have left-overs in my freezer.

Friday was also my mission reunion, but I couldn't go because I ended up with a lot of responsibilities for this concert. Seeing as I have no authority in the choir at all, in order to feel really involved, I like to volunteer. So I got to do a lot of things that really made me feel a part of things.

Saturday I got to have lunch between sessions with my folks. After Conference, Lauren threw me a lovely bridal shower. I had a blast! Lauren has been such a great roommate. I'm so blessed to have her! We played games, I chewed a lot of gumballs...yuck, there was great food, good friends, and some wonderful gifts. Thank you everyone for coming!

Our last little bit of wonderful weekend news: my sister Korrie had her baby girl! She has 3 boys, so anticipation was building for a while to see what the gender was, and now we're just so excited to have her here!



Welcome to the world Macaylah Ashlyn Gillins! 9lbs 5oz, 20in long. She looks just like her big brother Jon. She's just perfect and beautiful! She also makes the 8th girl of now 15 nieces and nephews. I'm excited for a new baby to cuddle when I visit.

My sister Kristy is due in just a couple more weeks, and Kelli has about 6 more weeks to go! Wow! On top of that, I'm getting married in 13 weeks!

To make this wonderful weekend even better, Cory drove down from Alpine just to see me. I got almost 8 hours with him. I love him SO much! He just does the nicest things for me.

Last little note, Cory and I are finally taking our engagement pictures tomorrow. Legitimately. I'll keep you posted... and maybe post some.

Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment