Sunday, April 24, 2011

He Is Risen!!!

Happy Easter, all!



And since it is Easter Sunday, my thoughts are directed toward the Savior. Recent events (so it always seems) have made me see more fully the Lord's hands in my life. Because of Christ, we may have hope. Because of Him, we can be whole. But we must come unto him, even when we feel we don't need him in our lives.

I am constantly reminded of my need for the Savior. We are taught that we must repent and come unto him always. I've come to realize that even when we have not committed outright sin, we still need repentance in our lives. Repentance is really just a change of heart. A paradigm shift, as it were. We come to realize who we really are as His children and we strive to be nearer to him. That means allowing him to heal our hearts when we are overwhelmed with pain and grief. Allowing him to heal our hearts when we are filled with anger and anguish. When we are so alone we cannot bear to go on any longer. He is there. Always. Reaching out to us, to our hearts. To heal them. To feel whole again. To feel love again. To feel peace again.

We may not understand why we do certain things, or why the Lord allows us to experience certain things, especially the most painful of things. But I know that all things are for us to come unto him that we may remember him, and that we may be healed.

I am grateful to and for my Savior for his love, for his grace, for his sacrifice, that I may be clean and whole. That I may help others because of him.

I testify of his divinity, his love, and his sacrifice. He lives. He died and rose again that we may live with him again. He is our Savior, and we are His.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for those words and testimony of the Savior, Kayla.

    ReplyDelete