Monday, May 2, 2011

It's A Great Day to be Alive!

First off, it is so warm and beautiful outside today! It feels like spring. And hopefully I won't jinx it, but it's supposed to be warm all week!!!

Also, Cory and I went to Las Vegas last week to go pick up all my furniture from home. And all the rest of my boxes from the garage (there were only 4...). I have a bed, dresser, bookshelf, nightstand, cedar chest, and a couch. The couch my sister gave me. It's a beautiful, only a year old, chocolate brown, microfiber. Our apartment is a basement apartment. Our ceilings and doorways are low, and our entryway from outside in is small. The couch, full sized, was not an easy feat. We almost gave up a dozen times or so. But eventually, after taking off almost the entire back side and fabric and a little TLC/shoving, we got it in, nailed everything back together, and set it up. Brilliant. I can't even begin to tell you how attracted I was to Cory watching him work with tools and conquer this seemingly impossible task. Our landlord told us he tried fitting a full sized couch in before and it doesn't fit through the door. Apparently he didn't try 3 hours of disassembling and reassembling it.

We got everything in, and it's starting to feel like home.

Also, I feel so blessed to have the family and friends I have. They are all so wonderful.

A few other thoughts:
My birthday is in two weeks and Cory is taking me to see Suessical with some of my best friends.
I even get to go home for a week or so and hang out with my mom for a bit.

So before starting this post, I was thinking about all the different things I wanted to write about, but it seems they've all escaped me.

I think I'll go plant some flowers. :) Yay spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment