Sunday, January 9, 2011

Take My Breath Away

Do you ever have one of those moments where you have to stop for a moment and catch your breath? Not because you were working out hardcore or are having an asthma attack, but because you were so overwhelmed.

I had one of those moments today. Yeah, it was with Cory. And it wasn't some grand moment where either of us did or said anything. It was just sitting there with him, Cory holding my hand and looking at me, smiling. Once he left, I let it out, and I couldn't help but to say a little prayer of gratitude. In that quiet moment, I felt how truly this wonderful man loves me. I am so undeservedly lucky.

As a side note, and I may have said this before, but almost every time someone asks when we're getting married and we tell them July 1st, the response is almost always, "That's so far away!" or "You are so patient." My response is, "I've waited almost 25 years, what's another 6 months?" And really, 6 months is not THAT long. As long as you have the right perspective, it will be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment