Saturday, January 22, 2011

Get Up, Get Out

First of all, I have to say Cory is fantastic. I am so lucky. And luck really has so much to do with us being together.

Second of all, I gained almost all my pneumonia weight back on over Christmas. Not good. But! I found a really great exercise routine. It's kicking my butt, but it gets me moving. And so far this week, I've lost 2 lbs. Sweet! It probably also helps that I've been dancing 6 hours a week on top of that. Hopefully, if I keep this up for the next few months, I can get to the point where I just look awesome in my wedding dress. No rolls or lumps or anything to be found. Okay, so I look pretty good in it already, so I'm not too worried about how I look in my dress.

2 months have gone by so fast, but things are getting done just in time. We'll be ordering invitations next month so we can have time to finish collecting addresses and complete the grueling task of folding, stuffing, and addressing them.

Something else that has been on my mind is how much our attitude makes the difference. Most of you know my family's story. Many of you know my own personal story from the past several years. My life has not been the easiest to live. (I can't compare myself to anyone else, because we all have our own challenges that are probably equally difficult to cope with.) The point is, I know people who have had some huge challenges, and yet they remain faithful, strong, optimistic, confident that the Lord keeps his promises and everything will turn out well in the end. (They realize the "in the end" part isn't right this moment.) Others I know who have also have extremely difficult challenges mope. They languish and allow themselves to become hopeless. It's not the magnitude of the struggle that makes the difference. I can tell you that from experience. Especially when I've let those little things get the better of me, knowing that I've been through so much more, so much better. It really is all about perspective and how we approach these ugly challenges that stare us in the face all the time. I pray for those of you with challenges that seem to be too much, and I pray you may face them fearlessly. Get up, get out there, and make your life what it can be. I have faith I can do it, and if I can, you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment