Thursday, December 30, 2010

Walking in A Winter Wonderland

Let it snow! Right? Holy cow there has been a lot of snow. And ice. Lot's of ice. Lots of accidents on the road. Let's face it. It's a mess out there right now.

On the plus side, I've had a couple of weeks to try and plan this little shindig we call a wedding. Things we have accomplished so far: 1. The temple is scheduled! Making this whole thing more real than ever. We got the time and day we want. Perfect! 2. We have a reception center picked and a deposit down. 3. We have cake flavors and style picked out. 4 layers with so much deliciousness... and buttercream. None of that gross (yet, lovely looking) fondant. Yuck! 5. Should I mention that I met his family? That's an accomplishment, right? And they are SO wonderful! I think they like me too. Bonus! 6. Colors are picked out. 7. Oh, I have my dress. 8. Most importantly, we have the bride and groom.

I think that's all we have definite thus far.

What we're still working on: Food. Flower girl dresses... style is down, but we don't know which color to put them in. That all depends on what we put groomsmen in. For the bridesmaids we have a dress we like, but we need to see what they look like on our lovelies before we decide we really want them. I have an idea on flowers, but I'm waiting until my mom gets here in March to finalize that. Blue and green bouquets, here we come! Trust me, it will be gorgeous. Oh, wedding favors. If you have any fun/awesome ideas, please let me know. I don't want to do jordan almonds, or a candy bar, or any of that traditional stuff. We want something fun and unique, yet, still affordable. Still working on tuxes. That's a fun story.

I think we have photography taken care of... I think. Videography, check. Oh boy. No wonder people hire wedding planners. It's fun, but there's a lot to think about. Fortunately we still have 6 months. And I've very grateful for a wonderful fiance who is so patient and involved. He has made all this so much easier. And he's just as excited as I am. Ah, love. It's a wonderful thing. Plus, my mom is excited. Again, so much easier.

This was my winter break. Love makes stress much easier to deal with.

I can't believe this is actually happening. I can, but really I can't. I'm so glad it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment