Friday, December 24, 2010

Fa La La La La

Well, it's Christmas Eve and I have really nothing more to do than blog. It has been a week or so anyway, so why not? I'm sitting here alone, so I may as well.

Last weekend Cory and I went down to Las Vegas to visit my family for the holidays. Well, before the holidays. Our annual Adams Family Christmas dinner was in California, so we left Thursday after our last finals, spent a couple days in Vegas, drove to Cali on Saturday morning, drove back early Sunday morning, and stayed for a couple more days. As stressed out as I was, this was probably the best Christmas season I've had at home in a long, long time.

In California, Cory got to meet the extended family on my mom's side. They seemed to like him, and he wasn't scared away, so I consider it a success.

In Vegas, my mom wasn't feeling well, so I cooked dinner a couple times and ran a bunch of errands. Cory helped out a lot too. We helped my sister paint her nursery one day. A nice argyle print on the wall. I think it turned out really cute even though there was a lot of taping involved. Cory and I also picked out announcements. So now all we need is to figure out how many to order, pick an engagement picture, order announcements, and send them out.

Right before we left, I had a lovely little chat with my mom. All the dos and don'ts of being engaged and married. Considering I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, I could use it. Not all of my talks with my mom are the most pleasant. Well, really, our past history isn't 100% positive, but this was really nice and uplifting. I really appreciated it.

Yesterday I got to meet Cory's family. They drove all the way down from Washington for Christmas. It was fantastic! I love them so much! They feel like an extension of my own family. His mom is SO nice, his dad is really funny, and his brothers and sisters are all so wonderful. It makes me even more excited to marry him.

So tomorrow I get to spend Christmas with Cory and his family. Then Sunday I'm singing in the Nutcracker. After that, the rest of the year should be slow and relaxing. I've been able to organize a lot of stuff and donated a bunch to DI. Now my room is cleaner. My life is less cluttered. And I'll be ready to move into a new apartment with my husband in 6 months.

Yeah, I'm a little bored. But that's my life as of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment