Monday, March 29, 2010

A joy you can't keep in

I really can't express how much I love life right now. With all that has happened, the good and the bad, I truly believe life balances. We're thrown a few bad things, sometimes seemingly impossible and really horrible things. Things beyond our control, trials we're given to test our strength and faith, and things we really do just bring upon ourselves. Blessing come in this way too... sometimes they just come, sometimes we're given things to test what we'll do with them and who else we're willing to help, and sometimes we really do things to help ourselves.

I couldn't have been more bummed out when I got my rejection letter for my program (at school). It felt like breaking up with my ex all over again... and hearing him tell me he really didn't love me when he said he did... all over again. Quite painful. This was both in and out of my control, but I felt like I did the best I could with the part that WAS in my control. Then, that same day, I go to put gas in my car, and freakishly, it doesn't start when I turn the key. It was insane... and again, freakish. Out of my control.

Some of the balance came when I heard back from EFY. I started to feel better about life when I began to get my back-up plan in order. Just then, the best of all this happened. My dad, who had been unemployed since I was on my mission over a year ago (about 15 months total), was offered a job! I got this email from him saying, "Dear friends and family, I will be moving to Wichita, KS.... blah, blah, blah.." Not verbatim, but something along those lines. The point is, MY DAD HAS A JOB! I am so happy for him. It's going to be tough, because he is going to be living in Kansas, forging off the tornadoes, while my mom and my nieces under their care, stay in Vegas. Well, this isn't something we're unfamiliar with. When I was a junior in HS my dad moved to Cali for a job while I stayed with some friends in Oregon. It can be done. It's hard, but it will be a great learning experience for all. I have faith that this will end up being wonderful.

Lastly, I talked to the advisor for the school of music today and there's a small possibility I can re-audition for this fall in the summer instead of having to wait an entire year to audition. I'm meeting with Dr. Broomhead (head of the choral ed program) this Thursday to discuss my options. I will be auditioning for choirs this August and look forward to taking piano lessons soon. Life is going to get even more exciting in the VERY near future.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment