Friday, February 4, 2011

We're Looking for Something Fun to Do

I got a nice little collection of websites from my mom to help me find wedding favors, cake toppers, ect. Since I can't find a SINGLE thing I like. Mint tins... cute, but, eh. Bubbles... no. Picture frames are a really cute idea, but I personally never use the little ones I have. Little boxes of candy... well, that's doable, but for one of my sisters' weddings, I ended up assembling ALL of her tiny little clear plastic boxes and tying a thousand little ribbons around them. It wasn't horrible or anything, but just not my cup of tea. Of course I was happy to do it though. I was excited to have some responsibility in the whole thing. Plus, for some reason I really enjoy things that should be done in assembly line fashion. AND, here's the kicker, she wanted little M&Ms in all of these boxes to match her wedding colors. Totally doable since I lived in Vegas at the time and the M&M store is just downtown. Yeah... I took a couple trips. It was fun feeling important.

So after scouring these websites (which was done in free time, not study time... although all time probably should be study time...) I finally saw a few things I actually liked. Success! Well... it will be TRUE success if Cory likes them and approves. I will have you know that he DOES have an opinion, he shares it, and he WANTS to be involved. A blessing and burden. I'm glad he's this way, but sometimes it would just be easier if he didn't care. Most of the time it would be harder if he didn't care. I prefer him this way. Oh, did I get distracted? Of course, I did.

Here it is:

I love these cute little jars. And if you know me, I LOVE little jars. I'm thinking we could put candy in them, possibly a few with candles for those who don't eat candy.

Then here's this:

Similar, yes. But we could probably only fit candy... unless we got really clever. Oh! Maybe some flower seeds! I would end up tying a little navy ribbon around the top. Probably with the other glass jars too... just to be cute. (I know... I already mentioned the ribbon thing, but at least I'm not folding little plastic boxes on top of that!)

Those are my two ideas for favors that I like so far.
We wanted to find a topper of the Oquirrh Mountain temple, but they don't really make them. And I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to have someone make one. And I don't really care for the people on top of the cake. We could always do flowers, but we could also do this:

Obviously not with "S & R" but you get the idea. We could have flowers on the cake... you get the idea.

In other words, we still have no idea what we're doing. But it's fun looking at things! Invitations are being ordered in a couple weeks. We'll send them out at the beginning of May. That means I should probably get crackin' on addresses and labels. Unless I print them directly on the envelope... hmm...
Again, no idea.

Thanks for listening to the rant.

1 comment:

  1. Cute ideas but just keep in mind that those favors, once the candy is gone, there usually not used or Just thrown away so don't spend a fortune. That's just my wedding advice. Who ever does your cake, can make you a cake topper that would most likely be cheaper than ordering one.

    ReplyDelete