Thursday, February 24, 2011

Working for the Weekend

You know those weeks that are just so crazy that you have a hard time even crawling (rolling onto the floor one body part at a time in my case) out of bed? You just start living weekend to weekend, looking back on what you did and so looking forward for just one more break. It's one of those weeks. I'm so excited it's almost over!

We had such a wonderful President's Day weekend. I'm always up for a good 3-day weekend. This weekend I went home and hung out with my mom and dad. It doesn't happen as often as it used to. There's just not enough time, money, or energy. Knowing that there were a few things coming up at school following this lovely weekend, I brought some study materials.

Did I study?

No.

Not at all.

Regrets.

A little bit, but not really.

I still had a fun time with the folks.

So I drive back Monday, intending to leave around noon, but not actually leaving until close to 4. Arriving in Provo pretty close to 10.

Tuesday afternoon: speech anatomy quiz. Fortunately, our midterm the prior week covered this same material. I should have studied, but I didn't. Not until the hour or so before the class. After sitting down, I overhear conversation after conversation of people saying, "We get to drop one quiz, right? Because this is going to be it." I tried not to feel the same way. After the quiz, I felt pretty good. I'm hoping, of all the quizzes, this is the one that's dropped because I'd better not get any score lower than this. Did I forget to mention that this Tuesday was a Monday instruction day? Monday classes on a Tuesday. Talk about screwing with your week.

Wednesday afternoon: hearing science midterm. Well, I was sick all last week with this cold that would NOT go away. So I wasn't too excited about this particular midterm. Fortunately it was anatomy and physiology. That I can do. I've taught myself how to memorize images and terminology (when diagrams have to be labeled) from anatomy last semester. I went in feeling about 70% confident. I needed more than a 70% since I only got an 80-something on the first midterm. I came out of the test with a 92%! (That's barely scraping an A- in this class... the grading curve is all messed up.) Felt pretty good going to work that night.

Thursday: music final (block class) & choir concert. Again, let me mention, I did not study AT ALL this weekend. Here's the secret to this class. It's required for a music minor, but I've already taken the 200 level courses. So... this class was pretty much a long review of two classes I took two years ago, and a very condensed version. I studied as much as I could in the little time I had and ended up taking the final between my last class and my choir concert. I went through the test feeling really good about all questions except for about 10 of them. I ended up with a 95. Sweet, undeserved victory.

I love concerts with the Men's Chorus because Cory is always there. I love him so much. I usually can't tolerate being around one person as much as I'm with him -- which really isn't that much.

His grandparents came too... so we went out for ice cream after. I got to hear some great stories. I wish my grandparents were still alive so I could get good stories from them too. But, hey, I'm marrying into 3. That's more than I've ever had alive in my lifetime.

Friday: dance test. We'll see how that goes. Not feeling great. Plus more work. Work is good.

Mostly, I'm just tired. I should be in bed, sleeping. I think I've become a bit of an insomniac. I can't seem to get into bed before midnight. I partially blame Conan. Yes. Conan O'Brien. I still love him. He plagues my sleep. But he makes me laugh.

Saturday: practice GRE. Plus more work.

Thank goodness the weekend is coming.. again. I'm going to be more productive. I will!

Sorry to bore you with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment