Saturday, August 21, 2010

Let the Rain Fall Down

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE the rain? If not, let me tell you. I LOVE RAIN! It really doesn't matter what kind of rain it is. Cold, warm, heavy, sprinkling. I just don't care. Yes, a nice warm downpour is just bliss. But I just love rain. There's something about it that makes me happy. (Okay, rain that causes mass flooding and removes people from their water-damaged homes, not such a good thing. I'll give you that.)

Wednesday it rained pretty hard for just a few minutes. My roommate and I both pretty much missed it. All I saw was the wet ground when I went to get the mail. Then Thursday came. I noticed the rain outside and I was just content with life. Then Lauren came home from work, except she didn't really come home. I heard her try to open the door, which was still locked from when she left for work. So I went to unlock the door and let her in. I open the door and she is soaked. Instead of stepping in, she stands there with this look of joy and anticipation on her face. Before she even said anything about it, I knew it was going to be a puddle-jumping day. Glorious day!

(Again, maybe not such a good idea with the recovering from all of the pneumonia etc. But really, honestly, and truly, I couldn't resist.)











And then we found a shopping cart. . .







Always an adventure, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment