Sunday, February 14, 2010

S.A.D.

Happy Valentine's Day, or as others like to call it, Singles' Awareness Day.

Since tomorrow is President's Day and there is no school, two of my roommates decided to go to their respective homes for the weekend, so Ashley and I are just hanging out by ourselves. Well, as much as we can with midterms and projects due. We had fun at the Young Ambassador's 40th Anniversary show Friday. It was just amazing, up beat and I really wanted to be in it when it was over. Afterward we went to play Rock Band with some friends from the ward, and with Ashley studying for her infectious diseases test, we had some real fun.

Saturday afternoon I went for a good run and Ashley and I did a nice workout afterward. I'm a little sore today, but it's a good sore.

Today I had the opportunity to speak in Sacrament meeting on self-esteem. I feel like it went fairly well. When I speak I sometimes end up sharing more personal information than what is necessary, but I feel most of it is fairly pertinent. The same was true today. I had a lot of people come up to me thanking me and telling me they would have never realized I had self-esteem problems in my past. That's the funny thing about life. You never know what people have experienced before you meet them. The moral of the story is: be nice to people.

1 comment:

  1. I hate that acronym. Being single is not sad.
    Being nice to people is a given, becuase you never know what they have had to go through already. DOn't make anyone elses burdens heavier....

    ReplyDelete