Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Way With Words

I'm not sure what it is about me, but apparently I'm approachable. I seem to be the ear and shoulder people need. It's quite the compliment and I'm glad people feel they can come to me for comfort, consolation or advice. Sometimes I feel like the things I say actually make sense. I guess that's why they keep coming back. I don't want to shake the confidence people have in me, but I have a lot of problems too. Then again, that might be why they come to me. Whatever reason there may be to it, I appreciate feeling like people want to keep me around.

As a side note, I just got a new calling this week. Our ward music chair was released last week and kept recommending me to fill the calling. I was finally called to be the music chair Tuesday. I'm excited about the calling, especially since I love music and I'm auditioning for the music ed program in a week, but I have no idea what I'm doing. It's a little nerve-wracking still. I've had teaching callings and presidency callings, but never this. Fortunately for me, I'm good friends with the former chair and she is willing to help me figure it out. What a sweet girl.

Also, I'm baking homemade banana bread. Mmm... so good. And in better spirits today. Yesterday was the last day of my 7-930pm class. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment