Sunday, August 14, 2011

I Love to See the Temple

I am so excited! Kayla, my very best friend from Oregon - practically a sister - called me today to tell me she is going to the temple to receive her endowment very soon.

Kayla has an interesting story and her life has not been an easy one thus far. In my eyes, it feels like her life is finally starting to come together, and she's doing everything it takes to keep it together. Including going to the temple.

I am so proud of her and right now we're just waiting to hear when she is going so we can look at plane tickets to Oregon. The ideal would be around Thanksgiving when we would be trying to get up to Washington anyway. It would just be the perfect incentive for us to really get up to Washington. Either way, I am going to try my very best to get up to Oregon for Kayla. She made it all the way out to my wedding, she's a sister to me, I feel like I should get out there.


On a completely different note, Cory and I have been enjoying our Sunbeam class. It's amazing how much energy these kids have, and really, how far small amounts of discipline can go. We have one boy who is always trying to get out of primary. He'll scream, kick, and cry bathroom every 5 minutes. Not to mention throwing everything in sight on the floor. Today, because the kids filled up the "We've Been Good" jar, they have earned a treat for next week. So this boy, when his dad came to get him, told his dad he didn't want to leave class. We all were shocked! We also had a fun time with him sticking his hand down his pants... oh boy.

It was funny because we saw his family after church and I told his mom how much we really enjoy having her son in our class. We really do. He's a sweet boy. He struggles in primary, but he really is a good kid. When you can get his attention, he is so smart and knows exactly what's going on. It made me sad when his mom's response made it sound like I was lying, like I was just trying to say something nice because I couldn't find anything really nice to say about her son. So sad. And so disappointing for me. I feel like he has such potential.

Well, school starts in 2 weeks. We're not entirely looking forward to it. We're really excited to finish next year. I think my family is planning to come out for graduation. Cory and I will walk together in August, but I have one class that WILL NOT fit into my schedule this year. Therefore I have to wait one more year until grad school. Well, at least it gives us an extra year to prepare for grad school.

That's about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment