Monday, July 4, 2011

L.O.V.E

After almost 8 months of being engaged, Cory and I finally got married!!! Yep! We did it! And it was the most beautiful experience ever. Never have I felt the Spirit more strongly than when I knelt across the alter in a temple of God to be sealed for time and all eternity to this man.

I'll admit, not having a car for the entire week before the wedding and not having everything finished until the night before really did stress me out. I got maybe 4 hours of sleep on Thursday. But, it didn't matter. Everything turned out beautifully. Cory had to put up with my venting here and there, but I'm sure we'd both rather me let it out than keep it in.

Also, for those of you who left early, you missed Cory singing to me. He arranged the last two verses of a song just for me. I love him so much!!!

I'll try to post some pictures soon. Well, once I get them, you'll see them.

We spent the rest of the weekend at family functions. My parents got us a hotel in SLC, which was great since we'd have to do a lot of back-and-forth driving otherwise. Gma Scott's 90th birthday bash was a huge success, and Kelli and Kristy's baby blessings were just wonderful. They even asked Cory to participate, which really meant a lot to me. I am so grateful my family loves him. My brother, Matthew, even approved, though he only met him the night before the wedding. That meant a lot to me too. I am just so grateful for all of the support of our family and friends. This weekend would have been miserable (except the temple part) without everyone.

Last night we headed up to Park City. Gma & Gpa Parker have a condo up here that is just lovely and became available for us last minute. So we get to spend a couple nights up here for a honeymoon. Cory cooked me breakfast this morning, so I'm making him dinner tonight.

I am mostly so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with such a wonderful and talented husband. He has filled my life with so much joy over the past year and I am so excited to see what our future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment