Friday, June 24, 2011

Got To Be Starting Something

Begin a week straight of cleaning, organizing, and wedding prep.

Okay, okay, I still need to finish blogging about EFY. I will. Just not this very second.

What have I been doing with my week of no work/no school/no fiance/no roommates?

Watching a lot of the news. No joke. How many different angles can you take on the Little Cottonwood Canyon River flooding? Well, a new one for each of the 3 or 4 broadcasts every day. Or a man being drowned while mowing a lawn. Not a happy thing.

I've also been doing a lot of crafting. I made a chalkboard, which turned out very cute. I won't post a picture of it because it's for the wedding. I heard that one of the biggest mistakes couple make when planning a wedding is that they never make it "them". They spend all this money on food, flowers, venues, but never add the little details that make it theirs. Well not us! Our wedding will be us. If you come to the reception, you'll get to see a couple things that I've made and a BEAUTIFUL picture of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple that Cory made for me. He gave it to me on Sunday and it's sitting in our apartment. I am still in awe of the talent that my man has. And I'm so grateful that he has decided to share it with me.
Granted, there's only so much we can do to make this reception "us" in a venue, but we're doing our best.

For those planning to attend, wear your dancing shoes, because we're going to dance.
We are not having a formal line, so if you want to visit with us, come, dance with us, and we'll be sure to get around to all the tables.

Also, cake is being served at 7:30 - red velvet, carrot, and marble with various fillings. It's going to be delicious!

Since having to move out of our "perfect" apartment so abruptly last month, and not knowing whether we could stay in this new place, I didn't really start unpacking yet. Not to mention I've worked 3 weeks straight of EFY and didn't have time to bother with it until now. We're thinking we might be able to stay here, so I started organizing/unpacking. I've been trying to purge again so there's actually room for Cory and his stuff. I'm concerned. I think I have too much stuff. I'm trying to get rid of what we don't need, but so much of it has so many memories. I'm doing my best. I'm sure he'll understand too. As long as we have room for him and his things.

Ashley left me on Wednesday. I miss her. She really has been such a great roommate. I've been really lucky with roommates. I'm sure Cory will be a pretty good roommate too. And Cory is in Yellowstone with his family celebrating Gma and Gpa Parker's 50th wedding anniversary. I decided that I shouldn't go because I needed the time to get wedding stuff finished up. I was also a little paranoid about getting sick/bitten/eaten/poisoned/squashed/in a car accident. My folks said I should go home for the week, but unfortunately, I have absolutely no money to put into my gas tank to get there. All the money I do have has been going to wedding things. Back to the original topic of this paragraph, I am alone. However, Cory comes back tomorrow, and Kayla should be here on Sunday. So I'll get Cory and Kayla. (That sounds a little familiar...)

In other news, John Huntsman for President?! Count me in!

PS. I killed a fly today.

Well, that's the update. 7 days remaining. We are definitely getting hitched!

Oh, and can I say that I am so grateful to all of my family for the sacrifices that they have and are making for me and this wedding? I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment