Saturday, June 4, 2011

E-F-Y!

Imagine yourself surrounded by 30 of the most amazing, faithful, searching youth in the history of the world. That is how my week went.
My sister says that after every week of EFY, with the exception of one week, that I always say it was the best week and I had the best kids. Well, that might be true, but, it's true. These kids...er...young adults are phenomenal.

Random relation moment: My male co-counselor happens to be the little brother of a girl I was friends with my freshman year. My female co-counselor was the trainer of a Temple Square sister on my mission. And one of the boys is the little brother of a girl I worked with last year before she got married. To top it all off, our session direction (a woman, by the way!) is the daughter-in-law of my bishop! Oh, small world. But I loved it.

Besides being exhausted the majority of the time... which was SO worth it, by the way... I have rarely been so proud of such a large group of youth all at the same time.

I love seeing them grow into adults and use their agency well. I told my girls from the start that they were going to be using their agency more than I was going to be yelling at them to "do this..." or "do that...". Well, last year I was kind of a "ball-buster" as my co put it. And it was stressful, and who needs added stress? Not me. And I genuinely trusted these kids to be smart about their actions. And they proved to us that they could be trusted. So they had the freedom to continue to make their own choices. I think that may have even contributed to the spirit they felt this week. And, oh, was it strong. All week. Just just Thursday, which is like our Sunday.

With youth like this, I have no fear for the future generations of the Church.


Since I don't have internet in my apartment yet... I'll have to finish this post later, but for now you get the sneak peek. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment