Monday, October 25, 2010

You Are the Best One of the Best Ones

I've been hearing, "Finally!" quite a bit the past couple days. Yeah, I kind of feel that way too. I was thrown for a bit of a loop last weekend, but "finally" Cory told me he wanted me to be his girlfriend. Now you all know, and we can celebrate. The only reason we say "finally" is because we've been dating non-exclusively or unofficially for the past 2 months or so.

So for those of you who don't know... here's the story:

We met at work back in March. He was dating Kim (whom I adore and speak to often... but it's not weird at all, I promise). I was still dealing with the Eddie break-up fiasco. However, because we worked together, we talked a lot. I thought he was attractive, but he was dating Kim and I was dealing with Eddie. During spring term I heard rumor that Kim and Cory broke up, and while I felt bad for him, I was also a little happy. Just a little bit. You know how we girls can be. But then I left work for the summer for EFY and we didn't see each other for... the whole summer.

So there I was one day, manning the crosswalk to get to the dorms, preventing EFY kids from leaving campus, when there he was. Cory. He was going to class and I was just standing around bullying EFY kids. He was about 15 minutes early to class and stopped to chat. Boy did that brighten my day (uh... this was about when the pneumonia was setting in). Then he had to leave, as to not be late for anatomy.

I didn't see Cory for a couple more weeks. Not until Education week when I went back to work at my normal campus job. And there he was... all week. Better yet, I was promoted and now we had the same title. So I got to see him even more. I think our first unofficial date was me asking him out to ice cream one of the Ed Week nights. I make no promises that this is true though. But I think it is. Then again the next week after we both auditioned for choirs. Then every week (not always ice cream) since then, sometimes 2 or 3 times a week, except for the one week when he went home.

There were a few weeks where I was really frustrated because, though we were going out, nothing was happening. But then I realized if I wanted something to happen, I had to make it happen. Proactivity. It's not a real word, but it's a good thing. So, here we are. I have a boyfriend. After 10 months of being single, I have a boyfriend. And a wonderful one at that! Of his own free will too!

My favorite thing: he doesn't think I'm completely crazy. And if secretly he does, he likes it.

He's very patient with me. Very understanding on my hard days. Especially since, right when I'm starting to feel healthy, some crazy thing comes up to knock me down. He helps me with my homework instead of trying to distract me from it (like I have done intentionally to him... and he's okay with that). I feel completely secure with him. We want the same things. He's taller than me (added bonus for those who know)! He makes me want to be better without me feeling bad about myself. He is genuine and genuinely good. And he makes me laugh so hard sometimes, and doesn't mind when it's at him. My parents like him (which is a real treat)! I'm excited to see him every day, even when it's for 5 minutes, which is never enough. He makes me happier than I've ever been with a guy. Best bonus of all: he's not afraid to be seen with me.

What a good man, right? Definitely the best one of the best ones.

Most recent blog about a boy complete.

1 comment: