Saturday, July 31, 2010

One Week Since You Looked at Me

Today I thought to myself, "Hmm. . . Taco Bell sounds really good." Then I get home, after a 90 minute visit to Instacare and the pharmacy, sit down with my delicious Taco Bell and decide: Taco Bell. Not so good. So here's the story behind the not-so-good food. It isn't Taco Bell. It's me. Last weekend I ended up getting pretty sick. I had a fever of 101, which isn't that bad, but still less than good. Chills weren't that fun either. Well, fortunately the fever broke by Sunday night so I could actually work this week. That was a blessing. What was less than fun was having to eat in the Morris Center. Well, this week I didn't really have to. In fact, I couldn't. I couldn't eat much all week. Blessing: lost another 5lbs. 15 down this summer!

Here's the great part about this week. Okay, so there are more than one great things. First of all, Brittany, my BC. She was so loving and understanding this whole week. While I tried not to take advantage of her kindness, I so appreciated her willingness to help me out in any way she could. She's what every BC needs to be.

Second, McKay and Nick, my co-counselors. Nick got sick at the end of the week - not from me by the way. McKay and Nick were fantastic. Always willing to pick up my girls for breakfast, and teach without me there. Not to mention, they were hilarious. They absolutely cheered my heart.

Lastly, my kids were just the best. My girls were so understanding and adapted to just about every situation. The boys were fantastic too. They all still had such a great EFY experience even though it probably wasn't ideal.

I should have known when I ended up with two guy cos that I would get sick. It definitely made me humble and forced me to rely on the Savior and other people. I'm not so good at the relying on others thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment